Monday, September 3, 2012

No More Adventures

One of the personal challenges I have with my irreverent cards is that while they might be funny, when would you actually send one of them? At my farmer's markets and craft shows, I'd ask people who bought my snarkier cards about this, and the two most popular responses were "Oh, I know exactly who's getting this." and "Send it? Heck, I'm gonna frame it!"

So with that in mind, I bring you my next irreverent card:


That's the same lady from my previous post, and this time I've paired her with one of the sentiments from my new (to me) Say What You Mean set from Dylusions. That "pole" under the sentiment is to give some contrast to the word sections (I love that they come all ready to cut apart!), and I even ran it through the Big Shot with a wood-grain texture plate:


I based my layout on the September sketch over at the Artful Delight blog:

which I turned on its ear for my card:

So when would you send this card? Hmmm, how about after a particularly bad vacation, like a cruise ship that got boarded by pirates? Or maybe a vacation to an island and you arrived just in front of a hurricane? (I claim two of those. They were taping store windows while we drove to the hotel. Not a good sign.) Or maybe a bike ride where you had an unfortunate encounter with a tree and you had to spend your afternoon in a hospital getting your arm put into a cast and being told to stay off your bike, but you didn't listen to them and rode one-armed for six weeks (happened to a friend of mine.)

Yeah, things like that.

Okay, I might have a few more challenges in me today. I'm trying not to think about heading back to the Day Job in the morning. After Labor Day = 99% of the schools back in session and Congress is back in town and all August vacation people are back. Traffic is gonna suuuuuuuuk.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe:
Stamps - Stampers Anonymous, Dylusions; Paper - Basic Grey Granola, SU Early Espresso, clearbags,com cream linen card base; Other - wood-grain impression plate (don't remember whose), SU French Blue grosgrain (yes, it's that old)

7 comments:

  1. I love it! I wish I had more sentiments that were funny, I think people like them. I'll have to check that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some serious fans of what I call the 'some e cards' brand of humour - I've been asked multiple times to make up a basket of "just for grownups" snarky cards. And yep, they either say they know just who's getting it, or that they just HAVE to have it.
    I'd give it to my DH - once, traveling from Cape Breton to Halifax (generally a 3-4 hr drive) he asked if I wanted to try the scenic route. I said yes...with the kids in the car, natch....and 11 hours later we finally arrived. So, no more scenic routes for me. (BTW, said scenic route even included an unmapped/unexpected ferry ride...it was great.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Love her and the sentiment is perfect for me. Love Dylusions!! I could send that to lots of people - sometimes my life is one big adventure all the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you don't know what you're going to use the card for, b/c some day the perfect occasion will be there and you'll have it ready and waiting! Many thanks for joining us at Artful Delight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card!! Love your take on the sketch!! Thank you for playing along with Artful Delight this month!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card! So glad you played along with us at Artful Delight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card cracks me up and is a perfect card to give to a friend. So glad you enjoyed the sketch at Artful Delight and played along!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)