Friday, September 7, 2012

Pink Birthday

Just a little while ago I uttered words not often heard in these parts. I was rummaging for paper, and I said (out loud), "Nope, that's not pink enough." I KNOW! *feels forehead* But you see, I was on a mission. I wanted to take the bonus OWH sketch I used last night:

and make some little girl birthday cards for OWH. Along the way I'd disappear some of that pink paper, too, which would be great! Well, I made cards, but not little girl, though they are (gah) pink.

As I rummaged, I realized just how much of the Basic Grey papers contain pink. It's truly amazing.

So anyway, I cut the papers wrong and ended up with too-big strips, but that's okay, because the sketch is just a suggestion. Here's my first card:

 AND, just so you know it was kismet, I cut strips of paper for 7 cards, then found I had only 7 cards bases in my box o'card bases, and as I used my MS Doily Tags, I realized I had 7 of them. Sweet.

Here's another pink one:

 and one that has some green in it:

Did you notice the pink pom-pom ribbon? The idea came from this card I saw while blurfing. It's pure genius, I tell you. So I added it to my plan to make pink, girly cards.

For my next trick:


Perhaps a little more child-appropriate? And they get to see ink, too.  I think it may be a critter weekend. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff:
Stamps: Paper Smooches Party Posse
Paper: Basic Grey Sweet Threads
Ink: Memento black
Other: MS doily tags, SU Melon Mambo pom-pom ribbon, 1/8" Sookwang tape (for the ribbon)

6 comments:

  1. Love the papers, love the critters. Must not have diecut envy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the world coming to....pink on your cards. I never! They are very pretty, pink or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly pretty pink cards!! Great sketch to use up a lot of paper, too. Love how many cards you've been making for OWH. Go! Go! Go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *blurfing* ha, totally just learned a new word.

    AND you used pom pom trim! That stuff has been staring at me in my craft room. Pretty in pink. Sorry, I had to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've been scrolling madly backwards JUST TO SEE the massive (g!)P-ness... and it was wellllllllll worth the trip! holy moly these are ♥AWE♥SOME♥!!! seriously, even YOU have to admit how fabulously these came out! (& YEAH bg rocks the pink... yet another reason to love 'em...) ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)