Saturday, September 15, 2012

Shiny, Glittery Birthday

For my next FAIL, er, I mean project, I bring you glitter. Not the messy kind, no; this is in the form of awesome glitter paper.

I went to Mike's last night to pick up some Halloween paper, and I spied this piece of glitter paper on the strategically placed rack next to the Halloween stuff. I needed to own it. I envisioned easy-peasy birthday cards. So I ran home, sliced up the paper into 6 parts for 6 cards, then stopped. Here is a snippet of my thought process:

"Cool, glitter paper."

"Oh, wow, I've matched it pretty well to card stock." *pats self on back*

"Wow, this is too easy. It should be illegal."

[pregnant pause]

"Crap, it's GLITTER PAPER! I cannot send cards to OWH with GLITTER PAPER."

FAIL. FAIL. FAIL.

So I set them aside and immediately lost my mojo. Everything I touched for the rest of Friday night and into Saturday morning became pretty trash. I was distraught. Then this afternoon I snapped out of it and went back in to salvage the glitter cards.

I started by selecting this sketch from CPS Card Sketches:

And I made these:

I made two of each base color, with matching larger circle, then varied the color of the strips between the base circle and the doily:

Then I used up the last of my MS Doily Tags (whoot!) and had to cut two for the last two cards:

I might have mounted this one upside down (I put the doilies on last). Shhh, don't tell anyone.

So now I have 6 shiny, glittery birthday cards, and I can't send them to OWH. Hmph. Oh, well, lesson learned. I guess I shouldn't tell you I have a second sheet of that glitter paper. Yeah.

I feel some snark rising to the surface. I think tomorrow will be a good day. :)

Thanks for stopping by!


Recipe
Stamps: Party Posse (Paper Smooches)
Ink: Memento Black
Paper: SU Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight and Marina Mist; PTI white; Recollections Glitter Card Stock
Other: Decorative-edge scissors, MFT Die-namics Dizzy Doily Duo; Nestabilities Circle dies

4 comments:

  1. So cute! And an abundance of glitter is never a bad thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could put them in a pretty box and give them away as a gift. Then play with your other piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love that CPS sketch! What a neat looking and fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glitter paper is just too hard to pass up, I don't blame you one bit and I think the cards turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)