Friday, October 19, 2012

HYCCT1219 - Pink Birthday

Here it is, the 19th of the month, and I'm still doing pink. Can you believe it?! I volunteered to make a sample for today's Hope You Can Cling To (HYCCT) challenge, which is to make a birthday card based on inspiration from several photos she posted here. (I'll link up to her thread once this post goes live.)

I used the stripes from the first photo and the banner from the fourth photo and made this:

Truth be told, this is the second card I made. I used the Simon Says Stamp Party Banner die and cut it out of Basic Grey Out of Print. It was as pink as I was willing to go. There is another group of tiny dies in the set that would fit inside these banners, but I opted to just use them this way.

I used some Glass Effects Gel - Crystal Clear to make dots between the banners. No, really, it's there!  It's this stuff:

 and you can kinda see it here:

I was hoping it would be like Dew Drops only a little less bulky. I think I got that, but they are so difficult to see. Oh, well.

Funny story: Every trip to the LSS I see the Glass Effects display and look for clear, but they never have it in stock. Um, I already own it? Duh. Okay, maybe that wasn't very funny. More sad, really.

Here is the first card I made:

You'll notice the banner spans the whole card front and still hangs off the edge. That's when I got a clue and made the second card with the banner on an angle. I really like that banner die - it would look really pretty with colored pearls in between the triangles. This card uses some Lawn Fawn letter stickers, and since *I* placed them, they are a bit wonky.

The winner here is the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX, who will get both of these cards when I send them out.

So hop on over to Splitcoast and play along with the HYCCT challenges. If *I* can do it, so can you! :D

Thanks for stopping by!

Items used and not linked below: Dear Lizzy/American Crafts Thickers, Glass Effects Gel - Crystal Clear, Lawn Fawn Narrators - Elf Green, SU embossing folder, SU pink card stock, GinaK white card stock.




2 comments:

  1. There isn't THAT much pink on there. I like both of them, and it would be nice if the banner die was short enough to use straight across and not hang off. I think I have some of that Glass Effect stuff, too. It's got to be easier than Glossy Accents, which clogs up when left alone too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. INTENTIONALLY wonky! Whimsical :)
    Now I'm curious about Glass Effect too - I use Mod Podge dimensional magic, but I use a toothpick because if you cut the dispenser bit open it gunks up badly. Also, I may or may not have a squeezing issue when applying directly. Also, you look for another clear one because you don't want to run out. Always have a spare.
    Ahem.
    I love the diagonal banner - the lime letters really make it pop! Love the stripey embossing too - and the whimsical lettering :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)