Tuesday, December 18, 2012

SOS #82 - Winter

Happy Tuesday! It's time for another Shopping Our Stash challenge. This week we ask you to make a Winter-themed card, but NOT a holiday card. Think snow, mittens, penguins, polar bears, sled, fireplace, hot cocoa, snowmen, etc. Also, this challenge will run for TWO WEEKS (until Dec 31st), so you still have time to bake some cookies and feast, then come play!

For my card I pulled out my MFT Snowman and made this:

I also pulled out my new Derwent Inktense water color pencils. It's painfully apparent I'm a novice, as the poor snowman is frost-bitten, or maybe his blue scarf is running. I'm still learning how to blend the colors, and the blue for the outline didn't get quite light enough.

I inked him on a piece of SU water color paper with some Hero Hues black dye ink, then colored with my Inktense pencils. These babies are awesome. They are so vibrant, and actually get brighter as you add a bit of water to smooth out your coloring. I've been playing on Kraft paper too with the same results. Now I just need a lot more practice. :)

Now it's your turn! Go into your stash, look for some Winter (non-holiday) stuff, make a card, then come back to Shopping Our Stash and link us up so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used but not linked below: SU blue card stock (maybe Pacific Point, maybe Brilliant Blue), SU water color paper, Bazzill White OP card stock, MS Confetti heart punch, SU DSP scrap.

Note: I got the Big Momma set of pencils, but they are also offered in smaller sizes.




5 comments:

  1. It's the PRACTICE part that gets me....two years later I am only now comfy with my Prismacolors. And really, only with small areas. Meh. Just not a colourer, me.
    I LOVE this snowman! And I think the shading is stylin'. Maybe it's getting dark out & it's shadows on the snow? An internal snow glow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cutie! I love this sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwww....so adorable! Love the fuzzy scarf he's wearing and the little floating hearts! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)