Saturday, January 19, 2013

Bikes

I don't follow many sports, including cycling, but several of my friends do, so this past week has been a difficult one for them. I mentioned to one of my tweeps, Libby, that I had an unintended bike theme in my condo's decor, and I promised to share once I was home in the daylight so I could take some half-way decent photos.

First is this print:

Back story: There used to be a most-excellent rib joint in my town, and their walls were adorned with framed prints by G Rodo Boulanger. I knew I needed one, so I haunted all the print places in the mall (this was before the Interwebz were in every Living Room) until I found this one. I think I would have purchased any of them, but this one spoke to me. It hangs over my couch, and yes, all my walls are that taupey tan color.

Next, I found this at one of the Sugarloaf Craft Shows that come through here several times a year:

The artist was a metal artist, and he had a grouping of five bikes, a group of trees, and a few other things. I asked him if he could make a three-bike grouping instead of five since I didn't have a wall that big, and he did. It's a little bent up from how it was shipped, but I'm okay with that. It used to hang on my Dining Room wall, but then I painted that wall striped and the bikes didn't work there any more. It's in a hallway now.

Last, I have this number:

Another Sugarloaf purchase. It holds a few ornaments I've made over the years, and sometimes I remember to dust it.

So there you have my unintended bike theme decor. And for all you cycling fans, I hope your sport can survive the bad press and you find new heroes to worship. As for me, I'll be stamping.

Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

  1. Love it! Especially love that middle piece - very cool!

    And I've decided not to worship athletes anymore. But I will still cheer. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)