Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Red-Orange-Yellow

This card formed in my grey matter as I thought about stamping this evening. I'd seen the Use it Tuesday challenge to use Red, Orange and Yellow, and this fell right into my second homework project for the OWH  ABC's of Color (Basic Color Theory). I chose to do a card using the analogous colors (next to each other on the color wheel) of Red-Orange, Orange, and Yellow-Orange, and made this:

I kinda stayed graphic like I did for my first homework card, mostly because I wanted to use my CAS-ual Friday's RAD stamp set again. You'll notice I made no attempt to color in the skinny letters here.

This is fun. I might do another. Tomorrow.

In other news, I forgot to tell you BOBRA WON! He did! He won Daily Cat of 01-20-2013 over at Evercats. Thank you so much for voting for him. :)

And thanks for stopping by!

Products used:
Hero Arts Lattice background stamp (SSS | EH)
CAS-ual Fridays RAD stamp set
Hero Hues black ink (EH)
Memento black ink (SSS | EH)
Copics YR09 (red-orange), YR68 (orange) and Y38 (yellow-orange)
Neenah Solar White card stock 25 sheets (SSS | EH) ream (SSS | EH)
Teflon bone folder (SSS | EH)
Fiskars paper trimmer (SSS | EH)
Tonic scissors (SSS | EH)
Corner Chomper 1/4" & 1/2" (SSS | EH)
SU Basic Black card stock

13 comments:

  1. That background stamp is one of my favourites! You are doing a great job at keeping up with your homework assignments and are tossing around those colour terms like a pro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just loving this concept of a background pattern where just parts of it are colored. I'm hoping I can find some crafty time soon so I can CASE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Oh that is great! What an awesome card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, love how you used the colors of the challenge!
    Thank you for joining us at Use it Tuesday and I hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am so loving this card. I'm a (big) sucker for ombre/gradient STUFF, so this is right up my alley.

    EPIC indeed.

    And yay bobra!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally LOVE this card!!! Fabulousness :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving all your recent posts. Am now on the colour wheel mojo maker. I need these background stamps they are amazing...you do an excellent job for these companies, you should be on commission....I have 14 Paper Smooches sets all because of you :D. I did see Bobra had won I am so pleased for him. Am now trying to tackle Win.8 after the sad demise of my old pooter :( ..will it help me make better cards?...can someone put me out of my misery and tell me what CASE stands for..I hide my face in shame for not knowing. Keep up your amazing work :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go BOBRA !! What a celebrity cat you are. First your long trip from Lydia's and now winning this contest. I knew you were going to win. Have a great day. Hugs n' Stuff, Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is gorgeous! I'm glad you didn't color the letters, it looks perfect just the way it is. And congrats to Bobra!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That card is epic! Congrats to Bobra too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card!
    Glad Bobra won!
    Hope he gets a special kitty treat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an inspiration...I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/01/52-card-pickup-24.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stunning card! Love how you colored in the background. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)