Saturday, January 26, 2013

You Are My Happy

I played this week's The Play Date Cafe color challenge:


Largely because it's black + white with a splash of color. I love those! I saw an opportunity to dip into my washi tape hoard, and this is what I made:


It's my stand-by layout for washi tape, it seems. I got to use some of my newer blacks and a piece of bright green. All I added were the sentiment and some black pearls.

I need to go now, as all that white is making me a little twitchy. Look away ... just LOOK AWAY. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used:
We R Memory Keepers black washi (got it at the LSS)
Green washi (mystery source)
A Muse black pearls
Hero Arts My Happy stamp set (SSS|EH)
Memento black ink (SSS | EH)
Neenah Solar White card stock 25 sheets (SSS | EH) ream (SSS | EH)
Teflon bone folder (SSS | EH)
Fiskars paper trimmer (SSS | EH)

10 comments:

  1. Love your card! We had the same idea with the washi tape, too funny! Love how you added your washi tape and placed the sentiment on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to try this layout! Love those colors!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the design of your card and the washi tape looks fab - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nonononono - the white is perfect. I love the black and green together and although white space makes me twitch on my own cards, I really do like it here. You're going to make me buy washi tape yet. My LSS doesn't carry it, so it's easier for me to resist :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Embrace the white space--I love it! Great card and I love your blog title.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO SO SO so pretty! That is my go-to washi tape sketch...not that I make very many. You make fab cards with the washi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card! Love how you used the Washi tape! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh this is great!!! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)