Thursday, February 28, 2013

Can't Get Enough Of You

One of my peeps and I were discussing the sad, sad situation of having a collection of new items not yet used, but also the inability to tame the want-monster. So I took that as a challenge to focus on my box of unloved acquisitions, use them, then put them away.

I made a ton of pretty trash and UFOs last night, but tonight I rescued some parts and made this:


Please don't be too impressed with the design, as I saw something like it ... somewhere. Maybe Pinterest, since I'm fairly certain it wasn't in Google Reader. I'm pushing 800 unread posts, so I'm a bit behind there.

The "new stuff" here is the Simon Says Stamp set for the sentiment and its accompanying die. I stamped it first on a white die-cut, then trimmed it to fit on the black one. The kitties are from another Simon Says Stamp set that has now seen ink.

Also, I found some Tsukineko GlazOn that I thought I'd try to compare to Glossy Accents, but now that I read more about it, it's for StazOn. Well, I used it on a heart stamped with Memento black and colored with a Distress marker. This was not a controlled test, trust me.

Hmmm, maybe I'll see what else I can play with tonight. :)

Thanks for stopping by!




7 comments:

  1. Once again you have put a smile on my face! I love your card and the witty write up! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!!! Ohhhh, great use of that washi with the clouds! So cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I LOVE this and that cloud washi is adorable!!! Now tell me where I can get it! eeek...so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet card, Leslie. Love all the little graphic elements. Cute, cute, cuuuute!

    I have that kitteh stamp, too. It ALSO needs to see some ink. I do believe that you have inspired me to show it the way...maybe this weekend? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The design is wonderful - and I'll probably just have to CASE it now! Love those cuties on here! Precious card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, what a sweet card. The kitties are adorable and the placement of the washi tape is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple and so cute. Love that washi again! :-) My want-monster is completely out of control, so I sympathize. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)