Saturday, February 9, 2013

Inspired by Pinterest

I've been trying to use some of my Pinterest pins for inspiration, and I stepped away from my challenge list to make this:


My inspiration came from this card via Pinterest, and I love what she did. I CASEd* the chevron part of her card and just made a small panel instead of covering the whole card front. I stuck it on off-center to leave room for the sentiment.

Hmmm, I wonder if it would be too much work to disappear some pretty paper using this design. I might try that.

I also made this one when I re-discovered my ric-rac die:


I like the first one better, with the Sahara Sand separating the two colors, but this would be a great way to use up strips of card stock.

I think I'll close down the craft room for the night and start over again tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by!

*CASE (because someone asked) stands for Copy And Share Everything. Some people say Copy And Steal Everything, but that's just not right. You should do something to make it your own. I'll add this to my Secret Decoder Ring in the left side bar. 

Products used but not linked below: Bazzill white card stock; SU Sahara Sand, Poppy Parade and Bermuda Bay (I think) card stock.



3 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been stamping and die cutting your little heart out this weekend. Great job on all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Leslie, Your cards are beautiful. Love the colours you have chosen and the bold sentiment finishes off the card very well. Thanks for the shout out too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this was meant to be, as I have just ordered the chevron dies!!..so a perfect example of how to use them to good effect....thank you.
    Thanks too for the explanation of CASE ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)