Tuesday, February 19, 2013

SOS #90 - Oldest Patterned Paper

It's TUESDAY, and that means it's time for another Shopping Our Stash challenge. This week we ask you to pull out your oldest patterned papers and use them.

This was an adventure for me, since I sold most of my 12x12 papers last year. However, I rummaged through some older sections and discovered a cache of Red Hat papers from K&Co. Not only was it from my early days of hoarding collecting, it had a theme!

This is what came out:


Okay, that's the first of three. And NO STAMPING! There are a whole bunch of coordinating papers in that pile, and I've used three of them here: the ladies, a piece of the red stripe, and the words are cut from another piece.

Here's another one:


This one has the striped paper as the background with a different pattern of ladies, plus a full strip of the words.

And a third:


A different red background paper and a strip of the hats + words paper.

All of these also got some lavender or violet backing paper from my organized box of 1/4 sheet remnants, plus some Delphinium SU ribbon back from before SU named their ribbons the same as their papers. Yes, it's old, and yes, I have a lot of it.

Now it's YOUR turn. Go dig through your stash and find some of your oldest patterned paper. Then make a card with it, and come back to Shopping Our Stash to link us up so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Oh man, I *had* some of this paper! So old. Red hat cards were some of the hottest back when I started - what happened to the red hat ladies anyhow? They seem to have fallen off the map.
    I think purple is my personal pink (gah!). Somehow it's not hateful here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute cards!

    I gifted a lot of the old stuff to my friend's kid, but I kept some nicer pages, so I'll see what I can come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no stamping??!?!?! ok... WHO are you and what have you done with leslie?!??! lol! no seriously, these are FAB and they don't need one single thing more, they are perfect!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cards and that paper is actually pretty cool. Everything ode is new again? I have used up a lot of my old stash by making envelopes with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow! The Red Hat Ladies! Gotta love all those gorgeous shades of red and purple together! Your crads are adorable! Way to use the old DP!
    Hugs!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)