Sunday, February 3, 2013

Unscripted Happy Birthday

It's Sunday, and I started out doing what I do every Sunday: nothing. I wandered around aimlessly, feeling guilty about all the things I should be doing, but that I couldn't be bothered to do. Did you ever notice that once you actually DO do something, it's like a kick-starter, and you want to do something else? Well that happened.

One of my most detested chores is emptying and refilling the dishwasher. I tend to work out of the dishwasher, using all the nice clean stuff, until the sink fills up and reaches critical mass, but by then there's not much left in the dishwasher, so it all works out. I was sick of the sink being full, so I emptied the dishwasher and refilled it. I was energized.

Next I the tackled the pile of mail on my table, triaged it (90% junk), weeded out the bills, then went online and paid the bills. I know, my life rocks.

Then the cat decided to bury his litter box with what was in it, and made such a mess I was forced to change everything out and vacuum.

I was awake.

Then I got stampy! I must be feeling the effects of the latest CAS2 Online Card Class, because when I saw the current Unscripted Sketch:


I immediately thought I wanted to use the cute flower image from the Paper Smooches FOLKal Points stamp set for the three squares, and of course a sentiment in the longer image area. AND, instead of using pretty paper, I flicked ink onto a piece of white card stock for the background.  I tried to concentrate it more at the bottom to give the sentiment something as a background. Anyway, this is what came out:


There's actually three colors in there: Peacock Feathers, Ripe Persimmon and Weathered Wood. I'm also pretty proud that I used two Inktense pencils to color the flowers. :) I really like how this turned out.

There's only one down side to CAS: you don't use much of your s-crap. This is fine for people who start out with CAS, but for reforming hoarders such as myself? Not so much.

I other news, mark your calendars for the weekend of Feb 15-16, because there's an OWH Virtual Card-Making Party (VCMP) with challenges issued via the OWH blog, and I'm one of the hostesses (squee!). I hope you can play along.

Thanks for stopping by!




10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely Sunday morning.
    The card is pretty but it's definitely not a Leslie” card...too much white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the speckles on here! Thanks for playing at US!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on that sketch! The speckles look great. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us at the Virtual Card Making Party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your approach to the sketch! Fun speckles~ Fit for a party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the splatters/speckles/flickels! Congrats on hostessing for the VCMP, I will mark it on my calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously cute card. Glad you survived the housework so you could create it and share it with us ;)
    And thanks for joining us at Unscripted this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love that inky background ... so very glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun card, great colors and background. Thanks for playing along at US.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that flower stamp, Leslie - thanks for linking up at Unscripted Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)