Tuesday, June 25, 2013

SOS #107 - Oldest Embellishment

Happy Tuesday! It's time for another Shopping Our Stash challenge. This week we ask you to use your oldest embellishment. That's right: go into the way-back box of stuff and find something you got in your early collecting days. Maybe it's brads, or eyelets (got a hammer still?), or flowers, or bling. LOTS of options here.

I went on my tippy toes to get down a box of old stuff I had actually organized a few years ago in the hopes it would be easier to find things and maybe I'd use them. Nope, didn't happen. BUT, they are old and I rummaged in the organized bags until I pulled out a partial package of gold-rimmed vellum shell creatures, and I made this:

Even though they look grey here, they are white vellum and you can sorta see the textured card stock through them.  I colored a piece of Bazzill white* with some Gelatos and schmeared it around with a water brush. Then, looking for the elusive vertical element, I got all crazy and swiped my white Big Brush pen over it from bottom to top.

The two seahorses probably don't make bubbles like fish do, but I decided they did, mostly because I needed something in the yellow section. The sentiment is from the Hero Arts Oceans of Joy set, and I cut it in half so it would fit here.

I put a ton of adhesive on the back to try and minimize the warping and called it done.

Now it's YOUR turn. Go digging in the far reaches of your stash, find one of your oldest embellishments and use it on a project. Then come back to Shopping Our Stash and link us up so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!

* I used Bazzill white because my water color paper is MIA. Also, my sequins. Hmm, maybe they've run off together. 

Products used but not linked below: Stampendous Frost-A-Peels, Bazzill textured white card stock.




4 comments:

  1. hehehe... i love the thought of the watercolor paper & sequins having run off together... kinda makes me wanna cruise the galleries looking for anonymously posted blingy cards!!! :)

    speaking of cards, this one is quite awesome, those gelato panels are ♥FABULOUS♥ and the vellum stickers look brand new and completely re-invented. (ps: the "use ur oldest" challenges require the most thought, but also often produce the most creative cards!!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too cute! I like the gelatos and the white brush effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute card! seahorses can make bubbles if you want them to :)
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything old is new again, everything under the sun...there's a Barenaked Ladies song stuck in my head now :D That, and the question of seahorses + bubbles - yea or nay?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)