Thursday, July 4, 2013

Birthday Shenanigans

This card is the result of me working with the things on my desk. I had a piece of orange tissue paper and a length of twine from my recent CAS-ual Fridays purchase, and the new CAS-ual Fridays stamps, so I played. This is what came out:


I'm not feeling the love - maybe it's the orange, but the texture is divine. :) I applied matte multi-medium to a piece of white card stock, stuck the tissue paper to it, added a top layer of the matte multi-medium, then let it dry. I had added a little water to the brush to thin out the glue, and I ended up with a neat pattern on the surface of the tissue paper.

I wandered around The Captains Quarters, thinking, and spied my neon daubers, so I applied some neon pink and some neon yellow under it, then waited for THAT to dry. Then I stamped the sentiments over the ink.

The bottom of the card looked nekkid, so I stamped a few images from the Lotsa Links CAS-ual Fridays set across the bottom, then colored in some of the smaller circles with some bright glaze pens.

Here is a shot of the details:


You can hopefully see the gloss of the glaze pens, the yellow ink under the "shenanigans", and the texture of the tissue paper.

It was fun playing, and now all this stuff is off my desk.

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: CAS-ual Fridays Shenanigans, CAS-ual Fridays Lotsa Links, misc twine, misc tissue paper.



3 comments:

  1. You always have such neat stuff on your desk and use it brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! And now I see why you were waiting for glue to dry. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still think you make the best use of scraps and things. I like this card and the texture on the tissue paper is great.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)