Sunday, July 28, 2013

SCC2 Week 3, Day ????? Homework

Normally when I give up, I give up. But something was bugging me about the Online Card Classes SCC2 Week 3 color combination. I had some Liquid Pearls out on my desk to torture me, and today I decided to tackle it once more. Let me just say that I've broken up with Liquid Pearls. We are no longer on speaking terms.  I try, and I try, but even with priming on scrap paper, they either spit or glob onto my almost-finished project. I gave up.

But the colors still bugged me. So I made this:


I used my now-open Memory Box Chloe Stem die and cut it once out of a piece of textured brown (for one of the two browns) and twice out of white. I colored the stems with Copics (second brown), and colored the round ends with a gold pen. I was going to put pearls onto the ends, and I knew I wouldn't find perfect sizes. I thought gold would be better than white if it was going to show.

I stuck the brown layer to a white base and put one of the colored die-cut stems into it. I left the second one out and put it on later with dimensional adhesive.I colored some SU pearls with Copics for the remaining colors in the color combination (blue and two purples) and stuck them onto the rounded ends.  I also mixed in some white pearls to break it up a little. Now that I look at it, they remind me of a gaudy broach.

I rounded the corners of the sentiment with my 1/8" Corner Chomper to go with the rounded corners of the layer and card.

That's the fun thing with art: you can make stuff up. Last week it was purple grass, this week it's a multi-colored freak-of-nature flower. You've gotta love it!

Okay, I might try to tackle a few challenges from the past week.

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: SU pearls, Core'dinations Canvas Textured card stock, and the following:



4 comments:

  1. Ooohh, pretty. I am not on speaking terms with LP anymore either. They are a PITA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This totally works! I never jumped on the LP bandwagon because I already had tons of other neglected stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, now that you say it, don't I WANT a brooch just like that?! I happen to like all the pearls. I seem to have more luck with LP - do you store them upside down? That seems to eliminate a lot of the burping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. im so sorry to hear about your tensions with liquid pearls. so sad :(
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)