Sunday, September 8, 2013

Hugs

Continuing with yesterday's theme of using my chevron washi tape, I broke out the two unused colors and made this:


The new colors here are the blue and the white. I threw in the orange for contrast and the grey for a top and bottom. I've found these tapes are a bit more fragile than their non-chevroned brethren and sistren. I've also found they are not cut exactly the same. so lining them up wasn't happenin' for me. Ah, well, to quote my pal Lydia, "It's ART!"

Yesterday I used a feather, but today I used a Memory Box leaf die and cut it twice - once out of white and once out of black. I colored the white one with my C2 Copic and layered it so the black was like a shadow underneath it. It was still a little boring, plus I had to trim the leaf, and the stems weren't 100% pretty, so I used some of my now-opened Hemptique neon twine to tie around it. I poked holes through the layer and threaded it through. This is another reason I like working with a 4x5.25 panel. When I come up with this stuff at the end, it's still do-able. :) I used dimensional adhesive on the panel and stuck it on a white card base.

Hmmm, maybe I'll make a bunch of these for OWH and use up that washi tape. Then I won't need to figure out how to store it. This could work!

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: Lil' Inker Designs Spot On stamp set, and the following:


4 comments:

  1. I like it! I don't know why they didn't make it so it would line up, though, that's silly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like this one, especially with that orange pop!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy love these colors batman! The orange and blue really POP :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card design I need to try using washi tape.

    Regards diane

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)