Tuesday, September 3, 2013

SOS #117 - School or Office

Happy Tuesday! Are you ready for another Shopping Our Stash challenge? This week we ask you to use a School or Office/Workplace theme. Think: careers, office humor, first day of school, teacher gift, etc. Or use a school supply or office supply on your card, like a paperclip, sticky note, ruler sticker, etc. LOTS OF OPTIONS!

I went with the office option and dug out an old old old Bugaboo digi image from the recesses of my external hard drive, then used it to make this:


I don't know about you, but a lot of mornings I feel just like that. I get to work, stare at the To Do pile, and mutter something about having no life. That's about to change for me, but for the next two weeks, that's me you see there.

It made me itch a little bit to use a digi image, so I had to add some washi tape under the sentiment for contrast. I was still itchy, so I made a second card:


My biggest challenge with this one was taking a half-way decent photograph. I had a bit of a trimming issue, so the card front is smaller than the back, and it just won't sit nicely for a photo.

When I first thought of using "office" for my theme, I grabbed this Stampalicious set (they used to make the Bugaboo stamps) and decided she was whining about mornings at her desk. Yes, that brown line is a desk.

She needed a clock on the wall, so I used the alarm clock from the Paper Smooches Perpetual Bliss set, and just cut out the clock face. I had it in my brain that the clock needed a red rim, so I die-cut a circle and colored it with my R05 Copic. Perfect.

I added some washi to fill in that big open white space. I also added a strip to the right side of the inside of the card since my trimming had gone so very wrong, and I saw it as an opportunity to make it look like I meant to do that!


Here's a shot of the card open so you can sorta see that strip of washi is on the inside. Whatever. Oh, and in real life, that washi tape is a dead-on match for the pool note cards. I win.

Now it's YOUR turn. Go dig into your stash and make something with a school or office theme, then come back to Shopping Our Stash and link us up so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: Bugaboo digi image Crabby Cathy, Stampalicious stamps, and the following:



6 comments:

  1. these are soooooooooooo flippin' awesome i can hardly type!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps the washi (& the clock!!!!!) totally TOTALLY make them!!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. TWO WEEKS! YAHOOO!!!!
    I love both of these - I don't have a life either, lol, and that's pretty much how I feel about mornings. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie, both projects are beautifully executed! Great coloring and wonderful design development!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too fun! Those images make me laugh!! These are great!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)