Tuesday, September 10, 2013

SOS #118 - Favorite Stampy Technique

Happy Tuesday! It's time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash, This week we ask you to use your favorite stampy technique. Think "rock and roll", or "faux leather", or "emboss resist", or "chalkboard" ... stuff like that.

I chose emboss resist, and made this:


I heat-embossed the Hero Arts Lace Background onto white card stock using white embossing powder. Then I went over it with three different colors of Distress Ink. I love this look. Oh, those black dots? Not dirt. That was my attempt to use my black glaze pen in a few flower centers. Meh.

I made a second card with the same technique, but this time I used a single image that I stamped multiple times to create my background:


There really are three colors of Distress in in there - I just chose two greens that were pretty close so they ran together. The black centers were done with my glaze pen and I like how they pop. :)

Now it's your turn! Go into your stash and pull out the materials you need for your favorite stampy technique, then come back to Shopping Our Stash and link us up so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!





3 comments:

  1. Every time I use my black glaze pen I end up regretting it. Usually on eyes. Sigh. I happen to like how it looks here - and I definitely love the colours you chose on both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cards! I love the stamps and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both amazing! What a great technique!! You rocked this!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)