Saturday, September 7, 2013

You Tickle My Fancy

So, I shopped. I did. I was bad. Someone, and I'm not saying who, alerted me to the new We R Memory Keepers chevron washi tape. I showed incredible restraint and only got six of the colors. My box of happiness arrived from Ellen Hutson today, so I had to justify the purchase and make something. This is what came out:


I was deliberate with my color selection, thinking Ombre (I always spell that Hombre first ...), and included the nice grey as a complementary color. I think the grey also keeps it from being too Charlie Brown-ish.

The stamps are from an also-new-to-me stamp set from Technique Tuesdays called Fly Away. I like that the feather is bold and funky and easy to fussy-cut. I colored it with three shades of C Copics.

I screwed up at the end and used the 1/2" side of the Chomper on the top corners when I meant to use the 1/4" on all four corners, then decided I meant to do that and in secret I hope that I've started a new trend. Hey, a girl can dream.

One other note: I'm not sure I like the packaging for these tapes. Lookie:

Mondo chevron box on the left; mostly new roll of tape on the right.
I understand why they are packaged as they are, as the tape has a backing to it that needs to be peeled off. The clear packaging acts like a dispenser. I'm not happy that I can't store these tapes with my other ones. Although, I can't store my washi sheets with the other tapes, either, but at least they can be tucked in with my card stock.

I wonder if the chevron-cut tape would even work on a roll like the regular tapes. It might tear more easily, so maybe that's the main reason for the packaging.

Also, I wonder how die-cutting the washi sheets would compare to using the pre-chevroned tapes. I might have to play with that -- after I move and unpack, as I've managed to pack the washi sheets already.

That's it for tonight. Thanks for stopping by!



3 comments:

  1. WHAT?? Chevron washi tape?? Where? I need this. Why can't the big box stores carry anything worth buying? I went to AC Moore last night for the first time in 6 months. Nothing new. Sigh. Anyway, I digress. Love your card, that feather is cute and the verse is perfect with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card - love it! I just bought some washi sheets today, so I might try them with my chevron die and see what happens!

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)