Monday, October 7, 2013

ABNH + Lawn Fawn Collaboration

Hello! This week over at A Blog Named Hero we're collaborating with Lawn Fawn.



I had the pleasure of meeting Kelly Marie earlier this year, and she is as sweet as her stamps are cute!

For my Hero Arts/Lawn Fawn mash-up, I made this:


Most people who know me know I don't "do" Christmas, so it's a personal challenge to use Christmas items to make non-holiday cards. Yes, I know it's October, but I love the new Peace Joy Love 6x6 paper pack, and I loooove that piece of green bookeh paper. *swoon* I used the love birds paper for the blue and green, knowing it was a perfect match. Gotta love 6x6 pads - they take all that guess-work out of putting patterned papers together.

I stamped the tree from And A Partridge in Hero Arts Soft Leaf, then stamped the trunk again in Cup O'Joe and the bird in Soft Pool, then fussy-cut all of it. Yes, all of it. I glued the bird and the trunk onto the tree, then stuck it down with dimensional adhesive.

Maybe I should have gone around the edge of the tree with my brown marker to give it a little more contrast. Hmmm ...

The sentiment is from one of the Hero Arts OWH sets. When it was all assembled, I went over the pears in the tree with my Gelly glitter pen.

Oh, and I was following a old sketch from The Paper Players:



Why not drop in at A Blog Named Hero and see what some of the other ladies have made? We'll be playing with Lawn Fawn all week!

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)