Saturday, December 21, 2013

Knit Happens

Hellooooo! I seem to have crawled out of the crafty funk I've been in lately, and actually got a clue today, so I made something. It felt GREAT!

I've been saving sketches and color challenges for a few weeks. I mean, it's not like I ever do them on time, anyway, but they are still good inspiration for when the mojo is waning.

I just made this:


for three - count 'em: THREE - challenges. The sketch is from Retro Sketches (from a month ago):


The theme is from CAS-ology (omg, it's current!):


and the colors are from Colour Q (omg, it's current, too!):


Here's the card again, since I've clogged up my blog post with challenge images:



Based on the Knit theme, I knew immediately I needed to dig out my Cat's Pajamas kitty and my A Muse sentiment. The die-cut shapes are from my new Spellbinders dies I NEEDED to have after I saw how someone used them on a card. This isn't it, but I'll get to that one another time. The point is I used them so I could put them away, and yes, I am very proud.

I was going to stamp the kitties in the challenge colors, but then thought he really does look best in black, so I opted to stamp them in black and again in the challenge colors and fussy-cut the yarn bits. Let me just say this card will not be reproduced, much less mass-produced. WHAT was I thinking?!

Anyway, I love that the balls of yarn hang over the edges of their white frames, and I didn't even plan it. BONUS.

It's tough to see because of my crack photography skills, compounded by the torrential rains we're having that makes it look like night in here, but there are silver glitter pen dots on their collars, and the eyes (colored with a Copic marker) have a dot of Gelly Black Glaze pen in them.

That's it! Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: The Cat's Pajamas Knitting Kitty, A Muse sentiment, and the following:



10 comments:

  1. That is adorable. I love those knitting kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cool knitting cats! I was thinking that fussy cutting would not be a fun job! Your card is truly inspired! Way to go, Leslie! Sorry for the exclamation mark over load...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knit happens...that's awesome! I know a crafty friend that this image would be perfect for!!! Her two favourite things are cats and knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your choice of stamp is so perfect for this week's cue card! Love the layout, too! So glad you joined us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic card! I'd never seen this image or the sentiment and I gotta say, I LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect fit that stamp is for the Casology challenge! Looks great in the Colour Q colours and I love the sentiment. Thanks for playing along at Colour Q this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic Card Leslie! That sentiment is all kinds of awesome when paired with that kitty image! Kudos to you for fussy cutting the yarn - now THAT'S a labor of love! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUPER adorable!! Love the knitting kitties! Love the fussy over the edge yarn balls! I love, love, love that you took an old sketch and gave it love! Awesome job, the mojo is ON!

    Thanks so much for adding this cuteness knittin kitten's to the CASology Gallery this week, just LOVE it -perfect sketch used too!
    Happy Holiday Season!
    -Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card Leslie! Happy Holidays and thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun is this! Cute card, thanks for joining us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)