Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Love Ya!

I dug through my box of new-and-not-yet-used items the other day and found one of my new dies from Simon Says Stamp. I decided it had to be used, so I made this:


The die has two parts - a flower strip with the four hearts and a separate die with just four hearts. This makes it easy to cut out extra hearts for layering without dealing with the stem part. Nice.

I cut the stem out of SU Garden Green, then cut the four hearts twice (that's eight total for you math-a-phobes) out of a scrap of SU Poppy Parade DSP from The Heaplet.  I glued the first set to the green hearts to cover them up, then I folded the remaining hearts in half and glued down only the centers so the ends would stick up a little.

The sentiment is from the SSS Talk Bubbles set, and I colored it with a Poppy Parade marker.

I thought it needed something else, so I poked holes on either side of the stem and tied a piece of yellow twine. I don't know about you, but when I tie my bows they come out upside down. Instead of retraining myself to tie them differently, I just turn the card upside down and tie the bow normally. It works every time. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: SU DSP, SU Garden Green card stock, Whisper Graphics Divine Twine in yellow & white, and the following:


3 comments:

  1. Yesssss! My bows come out upside as well on paper. But when I turn the card upside they come out sideways. This is why I usually tie them by themselves and then stick them on. Very odd. I still love this die and mine shipped today... soon, it shall be mine! bawhahahah (that's evil laughter)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card and I love that die. I saw it on someone else's blog the other day so it will probably end up on my wish list. I like the patterned paper for the heart, so much better than plain paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card, love how you did the hearts on a stem. Love the CAS look.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)