Saturday, March 22, 2014

OWH Mid-Week Throw-Down: Circles Galore

I kinda backed into this card. heh heh I was working on my Online Card Classes homework and not loving the results. I had an extra die-cut background on my desk, and it was full of circles, so I changed gears and used it for the OWH Mid-Week Throw-Down: Circles Galore challenge instead.

Here's the card, then I'll explain:


This card started with the chevron paper behind the whole front, but I thought it was too busy, so I die-cut the grey piece and glued those buggers into the circles at the bottom of the card to tone it down a bit. The center circle started out blue, but I ended up covering it with a yellow piece instead. I only mention that to explain the bit of blue peeking out from one side of the circle. (Do circles even have sides?! No, don't think so ...)

I stamped the sentiment in black, then thought it needed more, so I colored the little flower from the set with Distress markers and stamped that below the sentiment.  Since there were so many circles, I rounded the corners of the card with my 1/8" corner chomper. DONE!

I'm off to play some more challenges. Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: SU Basic Gray card stock, Martha Stewart gel adhesive (this stuff), and the following:



4 comments:

  1. I think yellow was the right choice for the circle and that little flower is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a fun card! So many circles but not too overwhelming, I'm sure because you changed the pattern in some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE the chevron paper behind the circles! ok, actually, i love EVERYTHING about this!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)