Wednesday, April 30, 2014

CASEing Stars

When I saw Chari Moss' card using the new Simon Says Stamp Star Parade die, I knew it needed to be CASEd. Fast forward to this past Monday night, and I was in a panic. I was going to visit my Dad Tuesday morning, and it was his birthday, so I couldn't show up without a card, right? Think Think Think.  Thus, the CASE.

Here is my card:


See? Total CASE, including the trimming I did to make the row of stars fit on the card front. This took me forever to make. I started off die-cutting the stars out of white, then coloring them with Copics. Why? I have no idea. Do I have a squillion colors of card stock? Why, yes, yes I do. Adding glue to the backs of the Copic'd stars didn't go well, and that effort became pretty trash.

One good thing that came out of all that was this pretty mess:


I might need to call it abstract art and use it on a card! :)

But I still had no card. Think Think Think.

Then I spied a stack of adhesive-backed card stock I'd recently resurrected from a box and set out next to my Big Shot. I'm telling you: you neat people miss out on SO MUCH inspiration. So I die-cut the stars out of the colored card stock. Because the adhesive on the backs is old, the backing pretty much came off when I picked it up off the Big Shot, and I had to poke each row of stars out of the die, trim it, then stick it on to the card front. Repeat. I should have been wearing my FitBit, with all the walking I did back and forth. Seriously. You'd think I'd be skinnier by now.

The adhesion wasn't the best, but it's not like this will be manhandled, so I'm not too worried. Here's the obligatory close-up shot:


Yeah, they are crooked. So what? My Dad loved it, and that's what counts. :)

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go design a craft room not for efficiency, but for maxing out the steps between stations so crafting counts as a weight-loss activity. I'll be RICH! RICH!

Thanks for stopping by!



3 comments:

  1. Fantastic!!!!!! Wow! i love the way you did the stars on here and can see exactly why your dad loved it. Very nice! I'm going to have to CASE this one too!
    Love the abstract art! LOL!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. A most excellent CASEd card! Happy Birthday to your Dad! I'm really digging the abstract art you created coloring the stars, and you so need to make that into a card! (And yes, I was thinking "She had loads of card stock. Why is she coloring the stars? Why?") LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you share the process of making your cards - I learn a lot!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)