Sunday, April 27, 2014

Just Playing, Again

I've been staring at the list of challenges I thought I'd do this weekend, and I was inspired to combine two of them to make this:



The colors came from the current (and sadly, last) Dynamic Duos challenge:


and the sketch is from the current CAS-ual Fridays challenge:


where we are supposed to use three things (I used three colors of twine) on only 1/3 of the card.

Here is a close-up of the braided twine:


I was working on something else, and where this braid idea may or may not make it to that project, I thought it was perfect here. :)

I'm off to work on a few more challenges, and also the painting in the other room. I hope to finish that project early this week.

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: Simon Says Stamp Happy Everything stamp set, Bazzill Sea Glass card stock, twine in grey and yellow (from Divine Twine) and Caribbean (from The Twinery), and some Sookwang tape to hold the braid in place.

13 comments:

  1. What a cute card! Thanks for joining us at our last challenge at DD! Happy stamping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever take on the challenge. Thank you so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That braid is so cool - I would never have thought of that. It looks great on that card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool idea, and it came off well on the card. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cool! Love the braid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card, awesome use of the twine!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely CAS-tastic, Leslie! Thank you so much for joining us for our final challenge over at Dynamic Duos. Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun CAS card! I love that braided twine! Thanks for joining us for the final Dynamic Duos challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun to braid your twine! Really neat element to your card. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun to braid your twine! Really neat element to your card. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)