Monday, May 5, 2014

Here ...

The first time I saw this stamp from Rubber Moon:

I knew I needed to own it. Well, I thought I needed to own it. The other day I mentioned making cards at a crop, and then sharing them here with Lessons Learned. This lesson was: "Don't buy it just because you think it's cute." I firmly believe you create the best with stamps you love and can see yourself using over and over again. While my pal Libby rocks this type of image, me? Not so much.

Here is the card I made:

Oh, look, one of her eyelids fell off. I'll need to fix that. 
I started by selecting this piece of water-color-y patterned paper, then decided I needed to also water color the images. That didn't work. This is my paper piecing effort, and I think it's passable. I did water color the faces and the edge doodles using my Derwent Inktense pencils, mostly by taking color off the pencil point with a wet brush so I didn't get too much water on my paper.

Meh, it's okay. Not my usual thing, but sometimes you need to try new things to know what your thing is, if you know what I mean.

I think I'll go work on some new stuff now. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. You're braver than I. The card is kinda cute actually. I would have totally flubbed this one.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)