Monday, June 30, 2014

A Fun-Gi

During my crafty weekend, I made a few cards for actual challenges. This one is for the now-expired Nacho Average Challenge:


and here's my card:


I stamped the mushroom on white card stock, colored it and cut it out so I could pop it up over the circles. I did it that way so I didn't have to line anything up in the white circle and probably mis-stamp or miss-cut it and have to do it over and over again. I am so lazy. 

The sentiment was stamped on a strip of white card stock, then trimmed and cut and trimmed some more until I got it as narrow as possible. I like this method when the letters with tails would make the rest of the sentiment strip too wide.

The washi tape stands in as a ground for the whole thing, plus a spot of color, plus the second strip in the sketch, for which I missed the challenge entry cut-off, of course.

The Kraft panel was boring, so I added faux stitching with a white gel pen.

I think this card will be a great addition to my basket at the coffee shop. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: You're a Real Fun-gi from Unity Stamps, misc blue card stock, Little B washi tape, and the following:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)