Saturday, July 5, 2014

A Little Attitude

I had an opportunity to make a few irreverent cards for a friend of mine, so I thought I'd share them with you since she should have them by now.

For my first card, I pulled out an old GinaK set and made this:


It's pretty simple, and focuses on the sentiment. I know, there's a LOT of white, isn't there? I had to step away and not mess with it.

See that green in the image outline? That color doesn't exist, in nature or in Copic-land. I didn't like the first color I used, so I went over it with another color, then another one, and maybe even another one, until I gave up. I've listed them all below in the supplies, and that's why there are so many.

I put Glossy Accents on her glasses, and I'm pretty sure it dried before the cat sat on the card. Sigh.

For my second card I played with Distress ink and an acrylic block and this is what came out:


Once the ink had dried, I sprayed the surface with home-made pearlized water*. It's quite shiny in real life. The sentiment is from a Dyan Reaveley set, and I really need to use these more often. I love them so. I popped the words up on thin strips of foam tape. I think I need to make more of these and play with different color combinations.

I hope she likes them!

Thanks for stopping by!

* Home-made pearlized water, from Jennifer McGuire: mister bottle, add water (about 3/4 full), add some Perfect Pearl powder (I used a few scoops with the top of a paint brush handle), and add in a pearl or bead or something else small (to use to mix the powder with the water each time you use it). Then cover, shake shake shake, and spritz. Jennifer also puts a half-pearl on the top of the lid so you know which mist has pearl powder in it. She is so smart.

Stuff I used: Cosmo Cricket Clementine 6x6 paper pack, GinaK Girl Talk stamps, Twinery twine, and the following:



3 comments:

  1. Love the designs on both cards as well as the fantastic sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. both of your cards are so cute! I love your funny sentiments too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Dyan Reaveley sets are so much fun. I think I know too many stogy people for them though. Either that or I'm still gun shy from sending a NAKED BOOBIE to my friend (cartoonish mermaid with one chi chi exposed). I need new friends.

    I should push my luck though... a different exercise for me than letting my nose run.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)