Tuesday, July 15, 2014

ABNH: Sheet Cake Challenge

[If you're looking for my Tour de Craft project, please scroll down, or click here.]
[If you're looking for my Shopping Our Stash project, please scroll down, or click here.]



The new challenge over at A Blog Named Hero is to make a one-layer card. We're also collaborating with Paper Smooches this month:


so all of our projects will include something from Paper Smooches in addition to Hero Arts.

I generally struggle with one-layer cards, but this one was easy! Here's my card, then I'll explain:


I first masked off the paper with painters tape. Then I smooshed three colors of Distress ink onto my craft sheet and used a water brush to paint it onto the paper. It's kindof streaky, but that's okay in my world, especially for the sky and grass!

I didn't use a lot of water, so the painters tape was fine. If you're more into water when you do this, I'd recommend you use real mask paper, as the water can get under tape. If you don't have mask paper, I'm sure it will be fiiiiine. :) Just give it a try, and you'll see how easy this is. It may be your new go-to background!

I stamped the Hero Arts tree and the Paper Smooches sentiment in Archival black, and I was done!

We hope you'll play along with us this fortnight over at ABNH!

Thanks for stopping by!







5 comments:

  1. [If you're looking for my Tour de Craft project, please scroll down, or click here.]
    [If you're looking for my Shopping Our Stash project, please scroll down, or click here.]

    But what if I'm looking for love??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, one layer cards usually make me twitch but I could do something like this and remain twitch free. Streaky for the sky and grass is perfect. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous...I love your beautiful tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doing a one layer card for me would be like trying to climb the Alps. This is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to check in and say I bought another set of washi tape yesterday. This one was in lovely teal colors including foils and glitters. You've got some catching up to do!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)