Friday, August 29, 2014

From The Ashes

Today I bring you another card born from the pile of UFOs on my desk. I'm seriously working to get that pile down to strips of white card stock that I use for sentiments. A girl can dream.

I just made this from parts in the UFO pile:


I looooooove this font. I had just used this stamp set to make another card that I'll share tomorrow, after it's been delivered to its intended recipient. As I tend to do, I thought "hmmm, what else can I make with this set before I clean it and put it away?" A piece of stenciled water color paper and the back of a failed card made from Pool Layering Paper were on top of the UFO pile, and the rest is card history.

I'd made the pattern on the water color paper by spritzing Gelato-colored mist through a stencil. I didn't use it when it was first made, probably because I play a lot and make multiples, and don't use them all right away. This, people, is how one develops a UFO pile.

It was laying (lying?) on top of that piece of pool card stock I'd ripped off the back of a failed card, and I thought they were close enough to play together nicely. I stamped the sentiments in Archival black, added some twine and a button, chomped the top corners, and stuck it to the pool panel with foam tape. Finally, I stamped the "belated" sentiment onto the pool panel and mounted the whole thing onto a white card base.

This was pretty easy since most of the work was done and all I needed to do was put it together. I kinda love my UFO pile for that. :)

Tomorrow I'll post my other card made with the same stamp set. Now I think I'll go look at that UFO pile again to see what else I can cook up.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: Divine Twine black & white twine, misc black button, and the following:



2 comments:

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)