Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Birthday Hogs

I now bring you another card I made on my crafty field trip:


I was inspired to make this when I saw this Cure For The Monday Blues challenge:

Source: Pinterest

Even though it has (gah) pink in it, I do happen to have paper with those colors, and pigs are pink, so that's what I did. I stamped the piggie from the Simon Says Stamp Birthday Farm Animals set, die-cut him with the coordinating die, and colored him. You read that right: I colored him.

I stamped the balloon on some minty paper and fussy-cut it so I could put it inside the lines of the die-cut balloon. I also stamped the hat on a scrap of the diamond paper and fussy-cut that. It was a fussy kind of day.

I had some fun with the diamond strip. Once I stuck it to the white panel, I thought it needed dressing up. I started by putting a bit of silver Smooch (remember that stuff?) at the junction of each set of lines, but it still wasn't right. Then I added a drop of Glossy Accents on top of the dots on every other row. This is my attempt to show you some of the detail:



Near the bottom you can see the difference between the rows of dots, I hope.

I added a layer of blue-green paper from the Lawn Fawn Let's Polka paper pack and put the whole thing onto a white card base.

I've finished a few other cards from parts-is-parts I brought home, and I'll share those tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: My Mind's Eye Up & Away 6x6 paper, Zig Kurecolor alcohol markers in Porcelain and Pale Blush, white gel pen (for the eyes), and the following:



5 comments:

  1. Dear Person Masquerading as Leslie (obviously a faker due to the use of pink), I do remember Smooch. I collected it in several colors. You mean people actually use that stuff?! Cute card! Hogs and kisses to you as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super adorable card, L. I love the glossy accents too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome colouring and I love the detail of the Smooch plus Glossy Accents! I'm glad the pink didn't put you off, hehe! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)