Friday, September 19, 2014

Last of the UFOs

Finally, my last post with cards I made last weekend, trying to put a dent in my UFO pile. Today I bring you two cards made from experiments with alcohol inks and glossy paper. First one:


I applied alcohol inks to a piece of glossy card stock, pretty much in rainbow order. I added some silver along with the regular alcohol inks, just because I had three bottles of the stuff, and I know I'll never use it all, so why not.

I wasn't sure what to do with the panels I'd made -- they didn't look right all by themselves. Then I got an idea to use one of the SU dies I have for sale ... I think it's called Tulipe ... to cut out a shape from the colored paper. I really liked it!  I used the negative piece to place the die-cut pieces on a piece of card stock and glued them down. I traced around the design with a silver pen.

Here's my other card:


Same idea, but this time I put the negative part over a piece of black card stock.

Both of these landed in my UFO pile because I wasn't sure what else to do with them. Last weekend my friends said to just put them onto a card base and call it "done", so that's what I did. I'm still not feeling the love, but at least they are out of my UFO pile. 

There's no "Stuff I used" section this time, because if I did write down what I used, I've since lost it. But I don't think the list is that important here. You can use any alcohol inks you want to and get a similar effect. If you have any questions, please ask!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)