Monday, January 19, 2015

An OWH Two-fer

Yesterday I was determined to make cards for a few challenges. I've slacked and not made a card for the January OWH ODBD Challenge. Our Daily Bread Designs generously sponsors this challenge each month. If we reach the goal of 50 entries (one per person), ODBD donates up to two boxes of free shipping for our heroes: 1 for 25 cards posted and 2 for 50. Isn't that awesome?

The challenge for January is to make an Any Hero card. These are cards that get a message written inside of them, and are send to our heroes who don't get a lot of mail. I don't make a lot of these because I honestly can't do the writing part. But this is a challenge, right?!

Here's what I made:


This started out with the stamped bird. I had a left-over die-cut circle, so that part was easy.

I thought I'd add a few banners in the upper left to balance out the large circle. I made about seven panels with the banner stamp in this set before I gave up and used washi tape. I'm stamped-banner-impaired, I guess.  The red and blue are washi, and the gold was made by inking a strip of card stock with Delicata Gold ink and clear-embossing it.

After I put it all together and stamped the sentiment, I filled in the space with a few stars stamped in the same Delicata Gold ink and embossed.

As an added bonus, the OWH Mid-Month Throwdown is to make a Thank You card. Check. :)

I'm off for a crafty play day at a friend's house, and I haven't packed yet. Eeep. I hope to make something blog-worthy today!

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: red washi tape, blue washi tape, clear embossing powder, SU Poppy Parade card stock, SU Night of Navy card stock, and the following:




3 comments:

  1. Fun card. I don't want to say that I'm hungry but I thought you were putting bananas in the upper corner. Have fun playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. I love the gold accents.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)