Saturday, November 14, 2015

Christmas Mode, Part First

I know, I know, this is my month to be thankful, but there were a few great challenges I play regularly, and, well, it happened. I'll have three Christmas posts, then my content should fall back to its normal crookedness. Not that these aren't crooked ...

For my first card, I played the current Jingle Belles challenge to celebrate food and drink. Well, I have zero images of traditional Christmas food, but I do have the fun Christmas stamp I used here:


And who says peas aren't a traditional food in my family? Hmmm?

The three papers were used because one of the challenges I saw this morning (but didn't write down) said to use at least three different patterned papers. So that's where that idea came from.

I cut the peas as a circle to contrast with all those 90-degree angles.

This card was so easy to make, it's in contention for my holiday greeting card. Although, after today's crafting episode where I made seven Christmas cards to add to my stash, I may not need to make any more. :)

The image is so small, I used my Faber-Castell Pitt Pens to color some of the areas.

And no, I didn't get the sentiment straight all by myself; it's part of the peas stamp.

Okay, I'm off to link up, then I'll share another card design.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: MME Sweater Weather papers, Penny Black Peas on Earth (2007), Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Circle dies (I swear, this set has earned its keep many times over - I can always find a die to fit with one of my stitched circle dies), F-C Pitt Artist Pens, Copics (YG11, YG23), SU Not Quite Navy card stock, and Fun Foam (I had a circle left on my desk, so I used it. Now it's gone.)

8 comments:

  1. Eek! I may have to go trolling for this stamp! (I'm just guessing it might be retired by now...) I also need one that says "Imagine whirled peas" but obviously that's not seasonal. And such a cute card design in... blue and green. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that stamp! ♥ Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love me some Christmas Peas ... so fun ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful simple card! And if your family can have Christmas peas my family can have Christmas Jim Beam! Not that there is a stamp of that.... Anywho... fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. irl i don't like peas, but i'll totally make an exception because these are SOOOOO CUUUUUTE & also so ♥perfect♥ for our JINGLE BELLES xmas feast! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that stamp is so cute and the blocked design is fab!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)